Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Butterfly Tutorial...





















Supplies:
Printed butterflies- Here is where I got some of mine
Glossy Accents
Diamond Stickles
Perfect pearls (optional)
Outline the entire butterfly with stickles.
Then cover the entire butterfly with glossy accents. Let dry. You can speed up the process with a heat gun, but don't hold it to close or it will bubble and ruin your butterfly.
Apply liquid embossing to the body. You can skip this part and just add pearls or rhinestones.
Your completed dimensional butterfly!
Here's another variation.
Supplies:
Perfect Pearls
Perfect Pearls Medium
Glitter Glue
Martha Stewart Decoupage Sealer
Dab the butterfly with the Perfect Pearl medium. Apply a thin coat of the perfect pearls to each wing.
Apply a small amount of the sparkly glitter to each wing and spread with your finger to cover the entire butterfly.
Then apply a thin layer of decoupage & let dry.
Your finished butterfly!
If you have any questions on this tutorial...please feel free to leave a comment and I'll get right back with you. I would love to see your variations on the butterfly, drop me a line if you make these.
Thanks for visiting!
Mary

10 comments:

Darien said...

Beautiful Butterflies!!! Love the tut!!!

jimlynn said...

These are beautiful! And I'm still trying to do one of the roses (previous post)! NOW I have a couple of new things to try. Thanks.
Lynn

Sandi Smith said...

Your butterflies are gorgeous...awesome tutorial.Another one I will have to try!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Beautiful butterflies!

LG said...

oh this is so cool! I will definitely try this technique

Jennifer Shaw said...

These are so beautiful!! :)

LISA said...

Beautiful!! This is exactly how I do mine exept use Utee instead of liquid embossing (must try!!) and the pictures don't do them justice!!Must see in real life!! Beautiful butterflies Mary!!!

Vicky Alberto said...

spectacular!

Teri said...

Gorgeous!! :)

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant!!! Love it.

Post a Comment