Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pi Day Challenge in the Kitchen

Pi Day...nope not a typo! March 14th is Pi Day a celebration of the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter, 3.1415, etc. Over at the Kitchen we decided to do a "Pie Challenge" to celebrate "Pi Day". This is an easy peasy Cherry Pie.
For this layout I inked strips of card stock and wove them together to look like the top of a lattice pie. I then sprinkled it with diamond dust and used cherry colored card stock for the background paper. For the fluted edge I used my Martha Stewart punch, scored it at 1/4" and folded it accordion style. After inking them I applied it around the edges of my layout. The title is cut using my cricut and the cherries are clip art that I colored using my Prisma watercolors.


Happy scraping!
Mary

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, Mary! This is gorgeous! Love the ruffle around the outside edge and the weaving! Pie looks good too! :-D

jimlynn said...

AMAZING!!!! Love the lattice look - just like a real pie. Very nice.
Lynn

Marlene said...

Best one yet!! LOVE that lattice look!!! Adorable! Oh boy, everywhere I go online tonight, I see food. Craving everything. First it was ice cream, then strawberries...now cherries! LOL!

Lizzyc said...

this is fantastic! love the lattice on the top just like pie pastry!! well done!! love it!!

Tammy said...

Oh Mary, how creative and clever. Absolutely love it!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Happy belted Pi Day, Mary!!! Does your blog have a new look? I love it! And what a wonderful page. Everything you post makes me HUNGRY!!!! YUM!

Lolis said...

Mary, I love your pie page!!! You are so creative!! Love how you colored the cherries, amazing job!!

Amy said...

OMG.....this pie page is amazing! Great job!!

Post a Comment