Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fruit Salsa layout & DT call

Yeah!!! I actually scrapped today. Lost my mojo for awhile,but I think it came back today. I was able to finish 4 layouts for my recipe book. Tomorrow I hope to work on some regular layouts for a change. Below you will find one of the layouts that I did today. This was for Kristies challenge over at the Kitchen ...The challenge was to make a recipe layout with a banner. as you can tell I'm not so good at the banner layouts. LOL Of course my recipe book is all done in an 8x8 so the title was just a wee bit to big.


Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips

Ingredients:
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Fuji apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
Grape jelly, Orange marmalade etc…
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar

Directions:

In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
You can also make a whole tortilla into a bowl, and bake it in a round dish and then serve the salsa in that surrounded by the chips.To save time with the chips, I sprayed 4 tortillas at a time with butter spray, front and back, and then cut them with the pizza cutter. You can also stuff them into mini muffin tins so
that they have the "scoop"effect.Then put the sugar mix ...1 c sugar to 1 t cinnamon, into a bowl and dredge the chips 2 at a time. One batch of the sugar mix did 2+ batches of the chips Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.

On another note....
Kitchen Keepsakes is looking for a new DT member. Details below:

Calling all cookbookers!
Do you love scrapbooking your kitchen creations? Kitchen Keepsake is looking for a few talented people to join our team! Specifically:
 Designer responsiblities include:
*Posting 1 challenge every month along with an example and completing as many of the other challenges as possible.
 *Being active on our message board and promoting Kitchen Keepsake including using Kitchen Keepsake in signature line with other groups and message boards as allowed.
 *Visit and leave messages on member blogs.
 *Participation and coordination of online crop events for Kitchen Keepsake.
To apply, please post one kitchen related project in the forum thread entitled "DT Call 3/2011"

Suzanne is also looking for a Marketing/Tech person:
*Marketing/tech coordinator:
This person should be familiar with making changes to a phpbb forum, maintaining the technical side of a gallery, and promoting Kitchen Keepsake challenges and events on appropriate scrapbook call sites.
To apply, please send her a PM at Kitchen Keepsakes .

Happy Scrapping!
Mary


10 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Great layout. (I love gingham) The red and blue looks great and the salsa sounds great.

jimlynn said...

It's GREAT and I love that little banner! Think you did a fantastic job.
The recipe looks yummy too!
Lynn

Suzanne said...

Oh, YUM! Thanks for posting the recipe, I'll have to try it. I think your banner looks fantastic! Great layout. :-)

Marlene said...

What a fun layout! Love that little giggly girl! Recipe sounds delish, too!

Tracy said...

Cute layout. That cute little girl reminds me of the ol' Campbell soup kids.

Tammy said...

Hmm yummy! Recipe sounds delicious. Wonderful layout.

Joan said...

I think your banner is cute!! I love the color combo you used on the page! The recipe sounds delicious.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a delightful layout with the pennant title! Sounds yummy!!

Amy said...

Thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog. So nice to meet a new scrappy/crocheting friend. Look forward to getting to know you better!!

Jeni said...

Beautiful layout Mary! That salsa sounds yummy! Love the banner title ~jeni :)

Post a Comment