Thursday, February 24, 2011

Osprey & Eagles

For those of you who are new to my blog...on the right are pictures of an Osprey & Bald Eagle. If you click on the pictures it will take you to a live Webcam where you will be able to see them on their nest.

 The pair of Eagles have already built their nest and have 3 eggs in it. It is located at the Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk, Virginia. The eggs take about 35-39 days to hatch after they are laid - around mid-March is when we should see them hatch. Last year I was able to watch the babies hatch and also see them tagged. It was trully a wonderful thing to see. I hope you enjoy watching as much as I do. They also have a live chat where they answer questions related to the Eagles and a lot of classrooms from all over the world tune in, it's quite interesting.

The pair of Osprey are not Bella & Bianca from last year, they are a younger pair of Osprey. I'm hoping that last years intruder does not come back and scare them away. This nest is located here on the Island...actually just down the road from us.

Hugs,
Mary

6 comments:

Marlene said...

How cool! thanks for the heads up. Eagles fascinate me!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This is just fabulous!!!!! No wonder why Isaiah 40:31 says: but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles....

Tammy said...

I love watching the eagles, so interesting and truly amazing. We have a peregrine falcon webcam in Harrisburg and sadly there is a new female in town. Since peregrines mate for life, that can only mean that the former female mate has died.

Jennifer Shaw said...

What an amazing thing to watch! I am soooo wanting spring to arrive just to hear some little songbirds. I am missing my house that I moved from, only for my nesting Sparrows that are probably at work already. I'm missing all the action. Thanks for sharing this Mary! :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

So cool, Mary! Thanks for sharing this awesome happening with us!!!!

Becky said...

This is so cool! Thanks for post this!

Post a Comment