Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kitchen Keepsakes February Challenge

Hi Bloggie friends!! Today is my first challenge on Kitchen Keepsakes as a DT member. I hope y'all pop on over and join us at the Kitchen Table.
I came from a big family and although money was tight my Mom always did her best to make the holidays fun ..on Valentines day we could always count on getting a box of conversation hearts or a small box of chocolates . Ya know those ones wrapped in red cellophane paper & a plastic flower attached. LOL Anyways…. with Valentine’s Day just around the corner I thought it would be appropriate to do a Valentines Challenge.



Recipe Ingredients:
Colors - Pink or Red ,chocolate & white
Lace
Heart(s)

Directions:
The challenge is to put a layout together using all the “ingredients” …along with your favorite chocolate recipe. Use the photo for inspiration !!

Here is my layout:



Easy OREO Truffles

Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate

Directions:
Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use.
Crush cookies in the processor AND then add the cream cheese via the same way. You'll know it's well blended when the whole cookie mixture turns into a big blob...it won't be crumbly at all. Chill the dough for about 15 min before rolling. I then chilled the balls (in the freezer) for about 10 min while I melted the chocolate.
Dip 1/2 the batch at at time & then melt the remaining 1/2 of chocolate for the 2nd tray of balls.
Place on waxed paper.Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.


Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Looks yummy - your project and the inspiration photo! Love that heart.
Lynn

LG said...

WOW!!! Yummo!

Marlene said...

What a beautiful project....and YUMMY!!!

Suzanne said...

Great challenge! Your layout is great, love the hearts and stitching, and recipe. :-D

Tracy said...

Not sure which I love more your layout or the recipe, thanks for sharing both :)

Tammy said...

Awesome layout and thanks for sharing the recipe.

Cindy Gay said...

I posted by Love Blog award! Thanks again! (Also joined Kitchen Keepsakes!)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Yum, yum, and more yum!!!

Post a Comment