Monday, December 6, 2010

Yooper Christmas Card....


I made this card for my son ... a lil Yooper Christmas Card.

You might be asking ....What Da Heck Is A Yooper ?

The people that live in the Upper Peninsula or the U.P. are called "Yoopers" and are proud of it. The people that live under the bridge are called "trolls." .
 
Well really he's a "Troll" but Yooper sounds better. LOL
 
 Where is Yooperland? The state of Michigan is broken up into two peninsulas - the Lower Peninsula and the Upper Peninsula. They are connected together by the Mackinac Bridge.
 
 So Sorry about the bad picture..the lighting was not the greatest.

Thanks for looking!
Mary

6 comments:

Marlene said...

LOVE the card - and yup!!! I knew about "trolls" and "yoopers"! Daughter is living in Michigan State now....so I hear it all! LOL!

Lizzyc said...

haha as an aussie i don't know about these 'yoopers' but i got a smile from your card!!

Tammy said...

Fun card Mary and thanks for telling me what a "yooper" is.

Pam said...

Love it! Yep, I'm a "troll" and proud of it, too!;-) Thanks for sharing!

Jeni said...

Bahahaha! Too funny Mary. I bet he will get a kick out of it. ~jeni :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Looks like they may have learned their lesson!! Hope your "yooper" loves this fun card!

Post a Comment