Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Super Easy Chicken Manicotti

Super-Easy Chicken Manicotti


1 jar (25.5 oz) pasta sauce (any variety)

3/4 cup water

1 teaspoon garlic salt

1 lb uncooked chicken breast or tenders (not breaded)

14 uncooked manicotti shells (8 oz)

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
( optional: 1 small onion diced & 1 small can sliced mushrooms,
you can also add a small container of ricotta cheese)

Chopped fresh basil leaves, if desired


Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix pasta sauce and water. Spread about 1/3 of the pasta sauce mixture in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.

Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken. Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from each end of shell to fill if necessary. Place shells on pasta sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over shells, covering completely. Cover with foil.

Bake about 1 hour & 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and shells are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Sounds de-lish!!!! Going to try this one.
Like your page too!
Lynn

Marlene said...

Oh boy - that sounds delicious....and I might just make that tomorrow!

Thanks for the recipe - and your recipe card is beautiful!

LG said...

this sounds yummy! I love what you are doing with these recipes. I should make one of this

Becky said...

I'm not sure which I like better, the recipe or the layout! LOL!

Tracy said...

Ohh yummy I love recipes, not so much using them though.
Love your idea.

Tina Connolly said...

Just found your blog from SCS (scrapping group). You have some fab recipe projects here.
Tina
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a great recipe! Great layout too!

Post a Comment