Monday, September 13, 2010

Beach Baby...Three Challenges...One Layout!!

Hi my blogger friends...Hope everyones having/had a good Monday!! I did a little house cleaning this morning and spent the rest of the day scrapping. :) Here is a layout that I made for three different challenges. Love when that happens...LOL. This is Ajay's first time at the beach and he loved it..I have some super cute photos of him playing in the fountain that I will be scrapping soon. At first he hated the fact that his hands kept getting dirty, but soon discovered how fun it was playing with his new beach toys. On Scrap That the challenge by the Design Team was to show a cool way of altering chipboard. I used some chipboard Alphas that had a shiny covering..I peeled away the top layer,and added tacky glue and (scrapbooking) beach sand...I bought this a long time ago, so I have no idea who the manufacturer is. After it dried I needed it to pop a little more so I took a marker and colored the edges...(NOTE TO SELF...do that first) LOL.
The second challenge was for Color Combos Galore: The third challenge was for a sketch over at Coordinates Collections
Head on over to these sites and give their challenges a try!!
Details:
Bazzill Basics Cardstock
DCWV - beach paper
Best Creations - Truck Paper
EK Success - Chipboard Alphas
Aleenes Tacky Glue
Misc. Sand from stash

Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Hey, Mary......BOTH of these are just so cute! Love the idea about the "beach sand" on the chipboard!
(I need your address so I can send you something! I had it at one time but can't find it now....I'll keep looking in the meantime.)
Lynn

Tracy said...

This layout is not only cute but so so fun. Love the sand.

Carolyn King said...

that is a precious layout. love all the sand details!

Tammy said...

Oh my Mary, both layouts are too cute! Love the sand idea.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love these delightful layouts for Ajay's fun at the beach!! What awesome detailing!! Exquisite work, Mary!!

LG said...

Very creative! I could never think of something like that. The theme and the design is perfect!

Post a Comment