Hi Everyone...We just returned from a spontanious two week road trip. We were eating lunch & I said to JC that I was bored,he said he was to. So I said lets drive somewhere. So within a half hour we were packed and on our way... Our adventure took us through North Carolina,Virgina, West Virginia,Ohio, Michigan,Indiana, Kentucky,Tennessee, and then home to South Carolina. While driving JC said hey how about camping...I'm like sure! So we purchased a tent and sleeping bags and all the stuff you need for camping and went camping in Michigan. It was way too hot to camp in Kentucky & Tennessee. While in Ohio, We got to go to Jc's nephews party for their new baby, she is a doll. The next day JC's sister took me to a store where you could buy cardstock for $1.50 a lb...no kidding. So I stocked up on cardstock. The following day we went to Archivers...woohoo my credit card was smoking after that stop. They had Tim Holtz's book " A Compendium of Curiosities" and so yep.... I just had to have that. It's such a cool book. Then we were off to Michigan to see my family and do some camping. On our way home we stopped in Kentucky and went to the Mammoth Caves. It was quite interesting. The temperature that day was in the 100's, but the cave was 52 degrees.We spent two days there, going on a 2 1/2 hour tour the first night and then a 4 1/2 hour tour the next day. We had planned on making a few more stops on our journey home, but it was so hot n humid we decided to just drive on home. Let me tell yah..I was happy to be back home. I'm pretty sure I won't be saying I'm bored for awhile. LOL Here are a few pics from our adventure.

Baby Myah..only 5 days old.

Camping...

Sunset...Interlochen, MI... State Campground

Sunrise...Lucky Lake Capground....Muskegon, MI

One of TY's many fish...


Swimming & skimming on Lake Michigan



Mammoth Cave

Smokey Mountains, Tennessee
TFL!!
Hope to get some scrapping done tomorrow!
:)
Mary
6 comments:
Oh, I can't think of anything more fun than that!!!! How wonderful. Beautiful pictures and a precious baby. Glad yall had fun.
Lynn
Wow!!!! What a fun and spontaneous trip!!!! That is the way to have fun!!! What a sweet little baby and wonderful photos as usual. Have fun scrapping tomorrow!! :)
wow - what an adventure!! Wish I could just do something so spontaneous like that - man, you even bought a tent?! lucky duck - sounds like you had an amazing time despite the heat. What a little doll she is - you must scrap that photo!!
SOunds like you both had a wonderful time!! I can't believe you just got a tent and went camping.....too funny!!! Pics are beautiful as well as that sweet baby girl!!!!
Ahh Mary, you should have come to Pennsylvania to see me. I won't have made you sleep in a tent. Glad you are home safe and sound and had a terrific time.
Looks like you had a great trip! Love going to Lake Michigan! Can't wait to see your scrapbook pages.
Post a Comment