Sunday, August 29, 2010

60 Butterflies Layout...


Hi everyone... I've been working on this layout for the past couple of days. I fussy cut out the blue butterflies that I found on Swirlydoos. I added perfect pearls & diamond stickles, then topped them with glossy accents.I then traced and cut out the black butterflies from bazzill basics. I also found a tutorial on Swirlydoos about making your own bling, so I made the black swirls using this technique. I also saw a similar technique on Scrap That using liquid pearls. To finish off the layout I used a very fine point sharpie to add stitched lines.

Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

11 comments:

Peggy said...

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!! Love the pretty butterfly swarm and I so admire the patience it took to create them!!!

jimlynn said...

So pretty Mary......you just have ALOT more patience than I've got - for sure. Just beautiful.
Lynn

Pam said...

Gorgeous layout! I'm inspired!

Vicki said...

Wow! This is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Beautiful and a lot of work!

Tara Orr said...

holy cow this is awesome!! Oh the patience!!! Well worth it - this is so fantastic!

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! This should definitely win awards!

WhiteRacoon said...

Hi there! I came from scrapbook.com to check out your work. It's awesome! That butterfly swirl is amazing! Good job!

Kristi said...

Just stunning...TFS

Tracy said...

Oh my you have patience, LOL. I try to stay away from fussy cutting.
It is beautiful!!!!

LG said...

the butterflies on the photo and the embellishments looks alike. WOW!

Post a Comment