Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Nights....


This Layout is for a Sketch & color challenge over at The Color Room. I made the pink flowers using Tara's flower tutorial.

Journalling;
We miss the peace and tranquility
of our summer nights on Mackinac Island.
The Clip Clop of the horses.
The freighters horn as they pass through the straits.
The fog horn in the wee hours of the morning.
The evening taps from way up on the fort.
This and so much more is what we miss about home
on Mackinac Island.

Recipe:
Deja View Paper - Sweet Romance
Tim Coffey Diecuts - Birds n bees
Basic Grey - Sultrey/Flandigo paper
Bazzill Cardstock
Offray Ribbon
Wilton Doily
Prima Flowers #538712
Horizon glitter glue
Cricut Carts- Plantin Schoolbook / Walk in My Garden
Pink Flowers Handmade

9 comments:

Tara Orr said...

what a beautiful layout - love all your elements of lace - a great romantic touch! (and gorgeous flowers!)

~jan said...

Gorgeous layout! While I love all the pretties you made, that photo tugs at my heart! And BTW, 50 is the new fabulous! :)

jimlynn said...

Wonderful Mary. Love that photo. So peaceful looking.
Lynn

BabyBokChoy said...

Lovely to read the journaling without having squint my already tiny Asian eyes, hee hee :) Thanks for playing with us at the Color Room!

Vicki said...

Absolutely gorgeous. The colors work so well thogether.

Jennipher Lowery said...

This is an incredible page!

Jennifer Shaw said...

Stunning!!! The flowers and lace are so delicate! Amazing journaling and wonderful photo!!! :) Great take on the challenge. I have missed 3 in a row now!!! I am really behind on my challenges. :(

Marlene said...

Stunning is right!

Tracy said...

I just gasped when I saw this layout. I love the clean lines, the colour combination and the photo.
I can see why you miss this place.
Just stunning layout.

Post a Comment