Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Masculine Birthday Card...


Hope this post finds you all well & happy. Today was another very warm day here in South Carolina. The heat Index was 108 and the temp was 98...talk about melting. LOL We are still trying to adjust to the weather. Our summers on Mackinac Island hardly ever got over 80 and we always had a cool breeze off the water, so this humid weather is very different for us. We are missing our daily walks to the nature preserve...so today we ventued off to the mall and walked around for a couple hours. When we got back I went up to my scraproom and cleaned out my scrap drawer and organized it into patterns and solids..sure does make it easier to use them up. How do you keep your scraps? Would love to get some feed back on that. I think i'm going to buy 6 shallow baskets to put them in, that way I don't have to go digging through to find the colors I want.I even ended up making a card after going through all those scraps. I had to make a birthday card for JC's nephew. I have such a hard time making cards for men...but this one came together fast. I love when that happens.

Bazzill Cardstock
Making Memoried Brads
Making Memories Distress Ink
Cricut Cart - Plantin Schoolbook
Scraps from my stash

Thanks for looking!
Mary

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very cute, Mary! Love that paper AND ribbon! WOW! And I do believe it's hotter there than in Texas! Now that may be a "first"!

Marlene said...

Lovely masculine card!

You don't want to see my scraps. They're baaaaad. All over the place in one drawer. Nasty stuff.

Tracy said...

That masculine card is so nice.
WOW your list is so good. I had to struggle to get mine, and I had what 3 LOL.
I am assuming that the Hilton Head Island is near you. I think we would run out of time just getting there teehee.
I organize my scraps by colour in a seperate hanging folder for each colour.
Thought I had it posted in my blog but couldn't find it to share with you.

Vicki said...

Great card. Michigan weather was a little cool today.

Tammy said...

Terrific masculine birthday card. I love the colors.

Renee said...

love this!! i always struggle making masculine cards of any kind, you have done a fantastic job. hugs n blessings

Rose said...

This is a great masculine card, love the colors. I am not organized at all, I have stuff everywhere. Way too much stuff!

Rose said...

You have my sales blog listed. My creative blog is http://roseohio-myblog.blogspot.com on your sidebar. Thanks!

Rose

Post a Comment